Thursday, February 23, 2012

Eat&Smile Catering - A Must

Hello readers - this lovely sunny weather is messing with my head and I'm already on weekend mode.

Last night I had the pleasure of doing a tasting with Chef Oliver, of Eat&Smile Catering. What makes this catering company so different is they are locally sourced! And let me tell you - everything I tasted was so delicious and SO fresh. I'm huge salad fan and the Murata Lettuce that was on my plate was crisp with a nutty flavor - extremely yummy. Here are a few of the amazing dishes I got to try last night:

A trio of Soup Shots - Rutabaga, Cauliflower, and Butternut Squash (how can you resist a trio?)

Lemon Poached Tilapia (from West Virginia!) with Lemon Basil Pesto (so good!)

Beef Tenderloin with a Red Wine Sauce (this melts in your mouth)

The menu is always seasonal so if you're looking for tomatoes in February - forget it. BUT Chef Oliver is amazing at using fantastic substitutes.

Now I know what you're thinking - locally sourced means crazy $$$. Wrong! Chef Oliver has come up with an amazing business model that makes locally sourced products completely affordable. He has built relationships with other sustainable vendors so your menu has endless possibilities.

Check out their website here and if you're looking for a caterer (wedding, anniversary, dinner party) this is the place. AND they are getting ready to move into a new facility and will start doing chef's table - I'll be booking and you should do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment