At DBI we, as people of the sweets, believe in a delicious dessert display. Whether this supplements the cake, passed as a late snack, or simply highlights the family traditions, it's a great detail to add to any event. When designing this element, consider the following:
- Ingredients: what would you like to include in this display? Pastries? Candy? Popcorn?
- Serving Containers: based on your "ingredients" list, consider what would make the most sense in terms of platters, containers, and serving utensils.
- To-Go Containers: instead of a favor, allow your guests to fill up on sweets for their ride home (or a late snack back at the hotel). Striped dessert bags and chinese takeout containers all are a great option.
- Display Levels: creating focal points at different heights not only allows for a great visual, but also allows your guests to reach "ingredients" easier.
- Signage: indicating what each item is not only adds another fun design element, but also allows guests with allergies to avoid items they cannot eat.
- Composition: just like with any design, a balanced composition is key.
We designed a dessert display station back in September and here's what we came up with: