Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Confections Cupcakes - Yum

Once in a while you come across a business that's just doing it right. This weekend I came across one of such businesses - Confections. I had the opportunity to try one...maybe two..of their cupcakes and I can say I'm hooked.

Those that know me know that I love anything cake/pastry related but that I am not a huge fan of cupcakes because I'm yet to find a decent one. While the DC area is saturated with cupcake companies very few seem to get it right - either the cake part is too dry, the frosting is too sweet, or there's a lack of balance between the amount of cake part to frosting. Confections definitely nails all of these categories and they are officially part of our referral list. I got the opportunity to devour a chocolate cake peanut butter frosting cupcake as well as the pictured vanilla cake chocolate buttercream frosting - pure deliciousness:


  

No comments:

Post a Comment