When you get that wedding invitation in the mail you might be going through several emotions - excitement, obligation, hesitance, joy, and many more. Whatever your thoughts are when you decide to go, you go with a positive attitude and remember to be a good wedding guest. Here are a few items to keep in mind:
- The couple has spent a great amount of time, money, and energy planning - acknowledge this and participate.
- Arrive on time! This is so basic but so many people can't seem to get to weddings on time. Why cut in the middle of someone's ceremony?
- Be conscious of the dress code - don't show up in a ball gown for a backyard wedding or a summer dress to a black tie affair.
- Do not take what is not yours - the couple might be giving out favors but everything else does not belong to you. This means centerpieces! You don't know what is rented, what is purchased, so don't take "stuff".
- If you decide to "indulge" in partying don't ruin everyone else's time. Aka don't get wasted, fall down stairs, and block the only entry to the bathroom for all guests.
- If your children don't behave, leave them at home.
Its not that difficult to be a great wedding guest - show up on time, enjoy the food and drinks, dance, and celebrate. Leave your negative tude, inappropriate outfit, and crying children at home.