Monday, June 27, 2011

Locally Grown - I'll take that

I can't believe it's Monday already!!!

This weekend was pretty much brilliant with a combination of friends, farms, and fashion and I'm sad to see it go. BUT I do have some great pictures to share with you all.

On Saturday I got an opportunity to head out to a local farm and learn about all the flowers they are growing. Since they are one of my new suppliers I had to check it out! I got to four-wheel it around the acres while learning about different local plants and flowers. Here are a few shots of their fields and flowers:

The view before you hit the fields

Snapdragons, zinnias, cosmos, statice, etc

Beautiful Amaranthus (or as they call them on the farm - dreadlocks)

I, of course, had to pick up a few buckets of flowers -how could I not?! They were so bright and fresh and wonderful (the flowers AND the owners lol). Since we were heading to a bbq that night I threw together a quick organic arrangement for the hostess. Voila:


Since opening our doors we always strive to be "green" - from the environmentally safe chemicals to donating leftover arrangements to local hospitals - and having found an amazing local grower just helps us achieve this even more. To all you environmentally conscious brides - we do offer packages including ALL locally grown flowers - just ask :)

Wishing everyone an amazing week ahead. Check back later when we show you how to put together that red, white, and blue colors for the Fourth of July without being tacky :)

1 comment: