These personalized, DIY cake pops make great thank-you
favors for guests of a child's birthday party or bridal shower.
Follow this simple recipe for making cake pops:
1) Select a boxed cake mix and bake according to directions on the box.
2) Allow to cool completely, then crumble into tiny crumbs in a large bowl.
3) Mix 3/4 of a container of store-bought frosting with the crumbs. Choose any flavor that goes with your cake.
4) Roll into small pops, about 1 to 1.5 inches wide. Place a lollipop stick (available in the cake decorating section of craft stores) in the center of each pop.
5) Refrigerate in a cake pan lined with waxed paper for several hours.
4) Melt 2 bags of chocolate chips (white, milk or dark) and a few teaspoons of vegetable oil in a double boiler. Stir continuously for smooth dipping chocolate.
5) Dip each pop in the melted chocolate and place back in pan. Freeze for several hours before serving.
Follow these easy steps for making bags:
-Paper flowers (available in the scrapbooking section of craft stores)
-Small tipped punch (you could even use an Exacto knife)
-Cutting mat (or scrap of cardboard)
-Metal scrapbooking brads
(available in the scrapbooking section of craft stores)
-Fine tip marker
-Clear treat bags
-Thin Grosgrain ribbon
Measure and cut rectangles from your cardstock to desired size for bag tags (we suggest tags about 2 x 3.5"). Using a hole punch, punch a single hole in the top left or right corner of your rectangle, depending on which direction you'd like your tag to hang on the bag.
Center a paper flower on the edge of your tag. Using your small-tipped punch, gently poke a hole through the tag, through the center of your flower (the flowers come with holes in the center). Make sure you have a cutting mat or piece of cardboard under your tag so you don't cut the surface underneath it.
Place a metal brad through the center of the flower and fold its tabs over on the back side of the tag.
You can add a message next to the flower, like "Thank You," "Happy Birthday" or even the couple's initials if it's for a bridal shower.
Place a few cake pops in each clear treat bag. Thread a ribbon through each tag and tie onto each bag, then just pass them out as your guests leave.